Monday, August 5, 2013

Strength and weakness of RSS


During the last week, I used RSS to subscribe Yahoo News. At first, I didn’t know what exactly RSS means. In my opinion, it is something like subscribe to Youtube Channel or Like on the Facebook Page. But after using RSS for a week, I feel it is much more like news aggregators. It always updates the latest news or other website stuffs for me. In a good way, I can know the latest news as soon as possible and it also gives me interesting information that I didn’t expected. Unlike the E-mail notification, it won’t be spam for me. In addition, the RSS only shows News article. Instead of pictures and videos, it only shows the key point.
However, E-mails are much more popular than RSS now which means there isn’t a lot of website still using RSS system. For example, if I want to get the Dominos’ Pizza coupon, I have to subscribe with my E-mail address. And also, the RSS won’t save the notification for a long time. I can’t read the RSS from three days ago. This might also be a weakness for the RSS system.

No comments:

Post a Comment